Tools for helping professionals—therapists, social workers, spiritual directors, hospice workers, spiritual leaders
The InterPlay Way for Helping Professionals (MA)
CEUs available for LCSWs and MFTs
C.C. King, and
Weekend Retreat • Oct 25-27 • Thu 7 pm to Sat 4:30 pm • Six 2.5-hour Sessions to follow (Dates TBD)
Local ongoing group lead by CC King
, Dirkje Legerstee
and Lisa Laing
The InterPlay Way is designed to provide tools, ideas and practices from the InterPlay system that can support the work of therapists, social workers, clergy, chaplains, recovery coaches, life coaches and counselors, and others in closely-related fields.
InterPlay provides effective self-care tools that can increase inner strength and stability when applied on a regular basis, enabling practitioners to bring their full resources to facilitate wellness and healing in relationship.
The InterPlay Way addresses several needs:
- In many settings there isn’t sufficient community support for the challenging work that is being done. Practitioners may be working independently or in institutional settings where there isn’t time to gather for support. InterPlay groups offer leadership, affirmation, and a consistent time and place to play with challenges and new directions.
- That health requires integration of body, mind, heart and spirit is a relatively new idea both in the helping professions and the culture at large. InterPlay provides a methodology that has been tested over 20 years for supporting and understanding that fullness.
- Given the complexity of human behavior and interactions, practitioners must be ready to respond in the moment to new and different situations. InterPlay provides tools for drawing on the professional’s inner resources that can increase effectiveness.
- Many ideas and tools used in InterPlay to create health and wholeness can be shared with clients.
- InterPlay creates ways to understand and include the range of human experience that we might label as “spiritual” while respecting individual approaches to faith practice.
For more information (including the daily schedule) see the full brochure about The InterPlay Way in Framingham...
Cost: Tuition for The InterPlay Way is $750. This includes the full weekend event and the six ongoing sessions. Tuition for the weekend alone is $350.
76 Salem End Road
Framingham, MA 01702
Driving directions are available on the church website.
CathyAnn Beaty, MDiv, is a master InterPlay leader,
dancer and visual artist. She has been working with
ongoing groups of therapists, clergy and other helping
professionals for the past 12 years through her business
SoulPlay, www.soulplay.org and has developed new
approaches to healing based both on her professional and
personal experience. CathyAnn is an ordained minister and
began her InterPlay journey in 1989 when serving as pastor at
Spirit of the Lakes UCC. She got her Masters of Divinity
at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities in 1984
and did her Clinical Pastoral Education at Hennipen County
Medical Center in Minneapolis. She served three parishes
over 15 years. CathyAnn leads the InterPlay Life Practice
Program, The InterPlay Way, performance workshops,
couples classes, mentors leaders in training and directs
SoulPlay Performance Ensemble. She has taught InterPlay
in India, Austrailia and around the United States.
Lisa Laing is a Certified InterPlay Leader, Modern Dancer, Certified Fitness Professional and Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist . Lisa incorporates and utilizes the practices and forms of InterPlay in each of these aspects of her career. She has brought InterPlay to incarcerated women at York Correction Facility in CT, to many spiritual groups as well as to elementary school aged children. It continues to be a privilege to co-lead a Cancer Wellness Group (Hope is Power), very much informed by InterPlay practices.
Lisa is one of the Northeast Regional InterPay Leaders (as well as a Regional event coordinator) and has co-lead the InterPlay Life Practice Program and Secrets of InterPlay in the northeast with both Katrina Browne and CC King.
"I am blessed to be a part of this world-wide community of creators, instigators, healers, nurturers, adventurers, huggers, grace-operatives, activists, artists; InterPlayers All!"
CC King is a certified InterPlay Leader and trainer, Boston-area coordinator and national InterPlay board member. She has been practicing the joyous unfolding of Interplay for over ten years. She is an expressive therapist, visual artist, teacher and community activist. As the co-founder of a local arts and environment program, she facilitates workshops in organic sculpture and organizes public performance. Her background includes nonprofit management, art and family therapy, trauma-informed InterPlay and a life-long commitment to finding sustenance, creative activism, and joy in the natural world.
Rev. Dr. Dirkje Legerstee has served local churches in the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ for 27 years. She is currently an Intentional Interim Minister and a Resident Ministerial Practitioner at Andover Newton Theological School, working with student ministers. She is a retreat leader, a workshop facilitator, and recently served as Ritualist and Environmentalist for Cultivating Compassion by Spiritual Directors International. Dirkje has been an active InterPlayer for over a decade engaging with play as a spiritual practice. She lives in Westford, MA with her husband Steve.
See more Workshops